Friday, May 27th
Smart urban mobility & Cities of the Future:
Outreach event of the European Innovation Partnership for Smart Cities and Communities
Palazzo S. Giorgio, Sala delle Compere (tbc), 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The European Innovation Partnership (EIP) on Smart Cities and Communities is Europe’s key initiative to create a Market Place for Smart City solutions. It brings together ~4000 partners from cities, regions, industries and research to exchange information, partner up and take forward common projects and initiatives (www.eu-smartcities.eu).
As part of the effort to scale the market for smart city innovations, the European Commission launched two roll-out initiatives in the field of smart urban mobility :
- the smart electro-mobility (EV4SCC) initiative brings together already 63 public and private partners to build an online innovation platform and to advance with roll out of smart electro-mobility solutions;
- The mobility services initiatives aligns already 10 cities and partner companies to work on the roll out of open-data based urban mobility data-sets that will enable real-time and interoperable multi-modal travel services.
These will form dynamic market places for dynamic city-to-business interaction. Reaching out to cities and regions is a key priority for the European Commission.
This event is organised by the European Commission. Directorate-General Mobility and Transport together with the EIP action cluster sustainable urban mobility and the city of Genoa. It invites all partners of the EIP Smart Cities as well as those interested to join the EIP to explore options for contributing to these roll out initiatives and other opportunities for collaboration.
This working meeting will:
- Provide participants with an opportunity to exchange information on business-to city opportunities and inform about the current status of EIP implementation;
- Discuss opportunities for joining and contributing to initiatives for building markets for smart urban mobility solutions (“what?”);
- discuss existing opportunities for financing
Registration to the event: http://www.eipsmartcities-outreach.com/
For further information please contact Ms Alice van Caillie: firstname.lastname@example.org
12:30 p.m. Registration and networking with snacks
1:30 p.m. Welcome
European Partnership for Innovation of Cities and Smart Communities – Initiatives presentation for smart electric mobility and mobility services
Axel Volkery, DG MOVE, European Commission
Simona Costa, Coordinator of Action Cluster Integrated Planning, EIP
2:00 p.m. Break-out Session I
Exchange on good practice and innovation solutions, opportunities for collaboration and contributing to:
- Smart electro-mobility initiative
- Mobility services initiative
Innovative and Green Solutions for the distribution of goods in town
Guido Porta, Founder and CEO, I.LOG Innovative Solutions
From research projects to mobility products
Alessandro Bernardini, Innovation Truck & Bus & Alternative Traction & Electrification Manager, Iveco
Interoperability and national and international roaming: the situation and the need for improvements
Sergio Torre, Strategic Planning & Controlling Manager, Duferco
Antonio Rossa, Technical Officer, Municipality of Genoa
Marco Troglia, Partner, Director Labs, Quaeryon
3:00 – 3:30 p.m. Coffee Break
3:30 – 4:45 p.m. Input presentation: financing opportunities
- Scaling innovation: examples of how to cluster and finance projects
Introduction by Francesco Gargani, Director, PriceWaterhouseCoopers
Break-out Session II
(Table discussion a 2 x 25 minutes)
- What are opportunities?
- What are barriers in using
- Concrete actions
4:45 – 5:00 p.m. Wrap up and next steps
 See for mobility services: https://eu-smartcities.eu/content/new-mobility-services
See for smart electro-mobility: https://eu-smartcities.eu/content/electromobility